Wednesday 29 May 2019

Chesham Doth Protest Too Much



"We were informed by Sean initially that what we were looking at were 21st century history books. There were of course none there of a general nature, they were simply books about nazism and the occult. Then we learn that Sean runs a business from his house selling these items. Interesting news for you all I’m sure !!! And especially interesting for an alleged man of the cloth. Then it changes to having friends buy them for his grace as presents, and him not wanting to dispose of them. He did not of course have to build a library to show them !! But he does not want you to mention that. Then the next on the endless list is....Kev bought them!! Oh really!!-news to me. Let me state this:  I have NEVER bought or given Sean a nazi book (or any book on the occult.) NEVER have I even bought a book such as you see in his packed shelves." — Kevin Chesham

The simple fact of the matter, as can be attested by others who observed for themselves what the storeroom held, is that none of the books were about the occult, apart from a couple in relation to its influence on certain people within the Third Reich. Furthermore, the books were overwhelmingly published in the twentieth century, not the twenty-first century. They took up space. That is all.

I have never run a business, as described. If I had there would be evidence of it. Outlets such as eBay being an obvious place to sell such items. I did not build a library. I stored books not in use, and duplicates of other books, in a room where they were out of the way, but where they could also be sifted through should anyone want any of them. Likewise, objects of immense value due to their nature could be easily shown to individuals who might want to acquire them for their own collection.

I made it clear at the time that there were some items to which a degree of sentimental value was attached due to them being acquired during my childhood. These were mainly medals and such like.

It is quite true that Chesham has never bought me an occult book, or made a gift of anything vaguely esoteric. It is difficult to imagine why he would do so, as he knew nothing about such things, and showed no interest in the occult when I was in contact with him despite him being aware that I have investigated and written about the topic. I presented him and his wife, Beverley Mason, with copies of The Highgate VampireThe Grail Church and my novel Carmel. They made no comment. I doubt they even read these books. If they did, they showed no interest in their content. Carmel has some reference to Nazism, which he might have taken against, as these were critical and uncomplimentary.

Chesham's entire life has been spent posing with Third Reich items when not reading about Fascism or listening to Nazi marching songs. The only DVDs he ever gave me were about Hitler, prefaced with "I don't know if you'll be interested in something like this, but I have another copy and don't need this one." For years, when not buying such items online, he used a Fascist bookshop in Kent to obtain a lot of the books he gifted to me. They would almost certainly have a record of his many purchases. When Kevin Chesham and Beverley Mason moved address we would receive through the post from them a pre-war image of the leader of the British Union of Fascists at the top their notice. I wonder how many other people received the same change of address post-its? See image below:


Moreover, it is around the time that I gave them my novel that we noticed an undercurrent of difficult to explain hostility. My friends and I attributed this to him taking steroids, which he did periodically.

The only books/booklets on Nazism I have ever received was from one person, ie Kevin Chesham. What singled them out from other books gathering dust on my shelves was that they were pro-Nazi.

I had no idea what Chesham wanted, but as for friendship it is a fact that despite the many times he was a guest in our home where he was looked after with specially prepared vegetarian cuisine, which only he and his wife demanded, he did not once reciprocate. In all the years I knew him I was not once invited to any place he has resided. He was an invited guest to my wedding. Yet I was not invited to either of his two weddings, which tells me that he probably never did regard me as his friend despite my willingness to always help him and his wife. What is less easy to comprehend is the unprovoked way in which he turned his back on a convivial acquaintanceship to become an incorrigible liar out to cause me, my wife and friends as much harm as possible. It makes no sense.

Kevin Chesham started off as an angry young man, and has continued through his life the same way, becoming today an angry old man harbouring incredible bitterness for no reason. It is all very sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Preface

I live on the Dorset coast, England, while also retaining an ecclesial base in Glastonbury. I do not support any political party, ...